Official HH30Days Challenge Rules
When: May 1-May 30
What: Challenge participants will eat whole, natural, and local foods according to the below lists for 30 days. See 100DaysofRealFood.com for more information.
Why: Studies have shown that overly processed foods are bad for our health and the health of our planet. Eating a diet that is more natural and locally grown is good for the body, the local economy, and our planet!
- Whole foods that are more a product of nature than a product of industry
- Lots of fruits and vegetables
- Dairy products like milk, yogurt, eggs, and cheese
- 100% whole-wheat and whole-grains (check the Understanding Grains post for more info: our Spring Mill sandwich breads fit the bill!)
- Seafood (Wild caught is preferred...try our Alaskan Salmon!)
- Only locally raised meats such as pork, beef, and chicken (preferably in moderation)
- Beverages limited to water, milk, all natural juices, naturally sweetened coffee & tea, and, to help the adults keep their sanity, wine and beer!
- Snacks like dried fruit, seeds, nuts and popcorn
- No refined grains such as white flour or white rice (items containing wheat must say WHOLE wheat…not just “wheat”)
- No refined sweeteners such as sugar, any form of corn syrup, cane juice, or the artificial stuff like Splenda
- Nothing out of a box, can, bag, bottle or package that has more than 5 whole-food ingredients listed on the label
- No deep fried foods
- No “fast foods”
- Also check out 100 Days Recipes & Resources page for a more detailed list of meal options including links to recipes.
Prize Eligibility: Participants who sign the pledge before 11:59PM on April 30 will be eligible for daily prize giveaways throughout the challenge, as well as a completion prize and GRAND prize. Participants who sign the pledge after May 1 will be eligible for daily prize giveaways. Participants who complete the entire 30 day challenge and complete a brief post-challenge survey will receive a completion prize and be eligible for the GRAND prize.